Default Options Mod 1.14.4/1.12.2 is a solution modpacks to deliver default settings without being forced to contain an option.txt file (as that would create a burden on the players).
Setting up the Default Keys:
- Set up the keys how you want to them to be in the default configuration
- Launch the “/defaultoptions saveKeys” command: the defaultkeys.txt file will be stored in the config folder
- Assure to deliver the defaultoptions folder the internal config directory, and NOT the options.txt from the original directory in your modpacks
Inspect the Controls GUI to view that the default settings have improved. Players will begin with these keys by default right now.
Setting up Default Options:
- Set up the selections (e.g. video and audio settings) how you want them to be in the default settings
- Launch the “/defaultoptions saveOptions” command: the defaultoptions.txt file will be stored in the config folder
- Assure to deliver the defaultoptions folder the internal config directory and NOT the options.txt from the original directory in your modpacks.
New settings of your modpacks (no available options.txt) will make your default selections particular
Setting up Default Servers (for Minecraft 1.9.4+)
- Configure the servers how you want them to be in the fresh installations
- Launch the “/defaultoptions saveServers” command: the servers.dat file will be duplicated into the defaultoptions folder
- Assure to deliver the defaultoptions folder the internal config directory, and NOT the servers.dat from the original directory in your modpack.
Setting up Default Configs (Minecraft 1.9.4+)
If you desire to configure your modpack in a method that allows users to vary the particular config files without making them overridden by updating, you could place those files into the defaultoptions folder instead of the config folder. Those files will be just duplicated over into the config folder for the first time launching the pack. Unfortunately, Minecraft’s mod settings are not optimized enough to supply a more complicated method without getting plenty of breakage.
Please remember to install Minecraft Forge before installing Default Options Mod 1.14.4/1.12.2 to run the mod easily and effectively.